OASIS Conversations for Coaches
and Those Who Support Leaders
A lot of energy is wasted because we misunderstand each other, make uninformed judgments and have difficulty coming to agreements—causing both relationships and results to suffer. For most of us, communicating with others is one of the most challenging aspects of our professional and personal lives.
Are you an open-minded person? Of course you are! It’s other people who are the problem, right? Sometimes trying to communicate with them is frustrating, drains your energy, and feels nearly impossible. But guess what? Those people think they are open-minded too, and they likely think you’re the problem.
Knowing how to shift to being open and flexible to respond, rather than react to differences and uncertainty, is one of the most critical skills needed today. When you approach interactions with an open stance you can observe more clearly what is present without collapsing into a stress reaction or disassociating and blaming others and/or yourself. You will be better able to choose actions for greater impact and success.
What if you could turn the desert of miscommunication that exists into an oasis where you can have refreshing conversations that allow you to understand where the other is coming from so you can develop empathy, insight and reach mutually beneficial agreements?
Ann Van Eron, Ph.D., MCC draws on scientific brain research and her years of cultural change, diversity and coaching experience to share a process to achieving mind-opening connections with others. The OASIS process has successfully benefited a wide range of organizations such as United Nations, The World Bank, CVS Health, New York-Presbyterian Health Care, Ford Motor Company, Chubb Insurance, GE Capital, Caterpillar, Realogy, Consumers Union and more.
What are OASIS Conversations?
OASIS is also a metaphor. What would be possible if you could create the experience of an oasis in your interactions? What if you could turn the desert of miscommunication that exists between you and others into an oasis where you can meet and have a refreshing conversation—one that allows you each to understand where the other is coming from so you can develop empathy and insight and reach mutually beneficial agreements?
Benefits of OASIS Conversations
- Creating trusting and respectful environments and productive teams
- Clearing up misunderstandings and reaping amazing results
- Addressing all kinds of differences
- Enhancing relationships
- Increasing collaboration and innovation
- Supporting rapid problem resolution and creating agreements
- Managing multiple perspectives
- Inspiring a psychologically safe OASIS-like environment to create shared solutions
- Addressing conflicts and finding common ground
- Boosting morale and making workplaces and communities more effective, efficient and enjoyable
- Developing emotional and social intelligence
- Enable sustainable shifts and transformation
- Creating shared understanding, exploring options and agreeing on solutions
- Increasing mindfulness and positive energy
- O—Observation. Describe behavior or facts without judgment.
- A—Awareness of assumptions, emotions and background.
- S—Shift to being open. Notice your judgment signal, stop, step back and become open and curious. Set an open intention.
- I—Importance. Explore perspectives to create understanding of needs and identify common ground.
- S—Solution. Explore options and agree on accountability.
Who is the Oasis Course for?
This public offering is geared to the needs of executive, team, internal and external coaches, human resources business partners, organization development and training specialists, and those who want to enhance their competence, confidence and credibility in working with leaders and others. Leaders are also welcome to join. We define leaders broadly, as anyone who aspires to influence and make life and the world better.
This course is the first in a series of programs that could lead to coach certification. Some coaching experience is expected for this designation. This is a stand alone course and can be taken without intention to pursue certification.
Benefits to Coaches in Learning the OASIS Conversations Process
The OASIS process will show you where to focus for creating engaged relationships that lead to innovation and results. You will be able to assess those interactions that you feel are in the arid desert and know how to shift into the flow of the OASIS for positive impact.
- Be a coach who inspires your clients to create positive climates and open-minded conversations for engagement, inclusion and innovation
- Support leaders in having the mindset, skills and practices to engage in meaningful and inspiring conversations.
- Show how to inspire across diverse stakeholders rather than rely on position power.
- Master one of the most important skills needed for success in today’s rapidly changing world.
- Support diversity, inclusion and equity efforts through mind-opening conversations.
- Participate in an experiential learning community with experienced coaches.
- Learn with a Master Certified Coach with over three decades of practical client experience with global organizations and a wide range of leaders.
- Be able to use the OASIS Moves System to assess and address many challenges your clients face.
- Learn a memorable process with cues for recalling. Often it is challenging to remember best practices in the moment.
- Know how to work with resistance and build trust.
- Address real challenges that you and your clients experience.
- Make a bigger impact on client organizations.
- Enhance your ability to develop relationships with leaders.
Note: This will be the first course towards obtaining the OASIS Conversations Coach Certification. There will be an additional class and validation of understanding for the designation. There will also be an ongoing learning community for certified coaches. See the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the certification process. You can take this course as a stand-alone class and it is your choice if you elect to pursue certification. You will receive benefit in this course alone.
Components of the Course
- Six Live Sessions. The modules explore the open mindset and the OASIS moves.
- Experienced Facilitator and Coach. Ann Van Eron, Ph.D. developed the process and has taught it to leaders all over the world. She is an experienced executive and team coach and organization development consultant who has worked with a wide variety of organizations.
- Flexible Schedule. Live lessons will be recorded so you can watch when best for you if you cannot attend.
- Practical. The course is meant to be applicable in your life immediately. You will address your real conversations.
- Community Support. You will be working with other coaches and learn from and with one another. It will be a rich environment of sharing
- Reinforcement. You will receive support materials to enhance learning including the OASIS Conversations Planning Tool and the OASIS Moves Infographic which summarizes the process and can be used in interactions.
- Habit Development. You will begin to notice your habitual patterns and create practices to recall how best to communicate when you interact with someone from a different perspective.
- Experiment. You will be asked to practice and explore the skills with your real cases and your client’s cases.
Content of the Course
Designer and Facilitator of the OASIS Course for Coaches
After working as a Corporate Communications manager for a global insurance broker, I learned how challenging it is to be a leader and work with all kinds of personalities with different motivations. I was excited to study the field of Organization Psychology at Columbia University. I researched Transformational Leadership and how to enhance culture in organizations. I then assisted many organizations in working to create inclusive and engaged environments and coached many corporate executives. After conducting hundreds of focus groups, assessing companies and working with teams, it became clear that there are a lot of communication challenges, misunderstandings and misalignments. I recall one day, during a tense meeting when I was sharing findings regarding diversity challenges, I realized that people needed more than feedback or a training program: the team members needed to engage in open-minded conversations with one another. I wondered if there could be a simple process that would enable everyone with different perspectives to be open-minded, understand one another and co-create shared solutions. It had to be easy to use in a wide range of applications. I experimented with many kinds of conversations.
After years of experience in all kinds of organizations, I created the OASIS Conversations process of five essential moves that reflect what people do well when they are communicating effectively. Each move is supported by research and experience and enhances emotional and social intelligence. It’s imperative to pay attention to the climate we are creating and to question if we are fostering an oasis in our interactions.
The OASIS Moves have been tested all over the world the past few decades. I found that it worked in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and everywhere because it reflects how people interact. OASIS became a critical part of the United Nations leadership programs over two decades. It has also been tested in many other organizations. People share that the process is memorable and practical and that they are using it in their professional and personal lives years after learning it.
I continue to use the OASIS process with all of my clients and in my daily interactions. It has made a huge positive difference in all of my relationships and outcomes. I have devoted my life to sharing these insights to support people in connecting with themselves and others, enjoying life and making the world better for all.
Ann Van Eron, Ph.D., MCC draws on scientific brain research and her years of executive and team coaching and organization development experience to share a process for achieving mind-opening connections with others.
Find out why global organizations such as the United Nations, the World Bank, CVS Health, Ford Motor Company, Consumers Union and New York-Presbyterian Hospital are benefiting from the OASIS Conversations® and Open Stance processes. Learn how to minimize misunderstandings and reap amazing results.
Ann is founder and principal of Potentials, a global executive coaching and organization development consulting firm with experience coaching leaders, teams and coaches all over the world for over twenty-five years. She was one of the first Master Coaches to be certified through the International Coaching Federation. She has a doctorate in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University and many certifications in somatic coaching, gestalt coaching, focusing, the Coaches Training Institute and is an avid learner.
Ann specializes in creating environments where people have open-minded productive conversations for greater results. She has developed a practical proven process to understand and work effectively with people with different perspectives (everyone) for unparalleled results. She is the author of the book OASIS Conversations: Leading with an Open Mindset to Maximize Potential. Her book, Open Stance: Thriving Amidst Uncertainty is forthcoming.
What Participants Say About the OASIS Process
Act Now to Secure Your Space
(6 consecutive Fridays)
Tuition is $2000.
This is a special price for the launch of this cohort. We request to use some parts of the recordings in other programs. We will not use any part where you specify it is confidential. By joining, you agree to this.
Sessions will be held via Zoom and will be recorded, if you miss a session.
Kindly send an email with your intention to join and you will receive an invoice.
You may instead choose to send a check to
195 North Harbor Drive #3706
Chicago, IL 60601.
Feel free to call with questions: 312-593-6790.
Potentials is inspired by transformation and making a difference. We are committed to connecting leaders with others and their creative energy to achieve their potential, enjoy life and make the world better for all. We support those who influence others in developing the mindsets, skills and capabilities to embrace and create possibilities amidst the challenges of our world today.
How We Conduct Business
Integrity: Integrity is a fundamental value held by the Potentials’ team. We operate with honesty, strict confidentiality and always with our clients’ best interest in mind.
Full Commitment to Clients: Potentials is fully committed to achieving the goals of its clients. We are known for delivering more than is expected. We are committed to making a difference in the world and supporting transformation.
A Systemic Approach: Potentials takes a comprehensive perspective, examining issues in the environmental context, organizational goals, values, beliefs, practices, cultures, processes and stakeholder needs.
Collaborative Partnerships: Our approach is collaborative. We are flexible and work jointly with clients to develop the most creative and appropriate solutions. We foster thriving, well-being and joy.
Respect and Optimization of Diversity: We are committed to fostering respectful relationships. Potentials embraces the advantages of a diverse community. We define diversity as everything that makes us different from each other; therefore, there is always diversity within and among us. The diversity in organizations and stakeholders provides resources and opportunities for possibilities.
Conversation Focus: We believe a fundamental challenge for individuals, teams and organizations is learning how to effectively create results through open conversations. We are committed to imparting our clients with increased communication tools and skills for more effective relationships and more productive work environments. We are committed to creating open environments for co-creating positive and productive solutions. We hold that people are whole, resourceful and creative.
Open Climate for Learning: In our work, we create an open climate of acceptance and learning which allows people to be who they are and to become who they are capable of becoming. We take a coach approach, support a growth mindset and encourage realization of potential. We are avid about learning and share resources, research and insights.
Expertise and Experience: Our work integrates grounding in research and theory with extensive practical experience and memorable tools to enhance effectiveness. Potentials is a diverse group of organizational development consultants, coaches and business leaders with rich expertise in human and organizational behavior, complex change, system awareness, diversity, leadership, psychology and creative problem solving.